There are many new, different and automatic processing operations that SQLfX leverages in ANSI SQL's natural, dynamic and full hierarchical processing of structured data. SchemaFree processing in particuar is the combination of a number of these powerful operations that come together to support this powerful operation.
Schema-Free Query Processing
Schema-Free processing is the capability to process a query without knowing the position of the data and can involve any number of pathways in a hierarchical structure. This involves a number of capabilities required to process multipath queries and these capabilities also possess additional capabilities that further extend multipath query processing. Because of this they naturally are considered part of multipath processing's capability. These are: global views; hierarchical optimization; automatic structured output; hierarchical data filtering; dynamic SELECT list; hierarchical structure joins; schema-free processing; and hierarchical node promotion and collection. These capabilities are covered in a building block fashion in the outline below.
1) Basic Hierarchical Structured Data Semantics * Allows navigationless operation removing many restrictions * Supports hierarchical structure joins by Left Outer Join recombining capability * SQL maps structure supplying meta data for structure aware processing * Nonlinear hierarchical structure principles but limited to linear processing
2) Full Nonlinear Multipath Hierarchical Processing * Lowest Common Ancestor (LCA) processing supports multipath queries * Dynamically increases data value * LCA supports hierarchical data filtering * Supports Schema-free nonlinear hierarchical processing
3) The SQL SELECT List Enables Dynamic Capabilities * The desired output specifies what is desired from query to query * It enables the query to be optimally optimized * It allows large global hierarchical views with no processing overhead * It automatically controls the required processing and structured output
4) Dynamic Optimized Query Specification * Dynamically controls internal processing per query * Tailors global structure map for only necessary processing * Supports hierarchical optimization
5) Dynamic Global Optimized Views * Supported by hierarchical optimization * Increases ease of use by limiting views * Increases number of queries possible
6) Dynamic Processing and Structured XML Output * Dynamic structured output based on query processing * Supports node promotion and collection supported by relational processing * Controlled by SQL SELECT and dynamic structure building